Three Simple Tips for Financial Fitness

0
To be physically fit, you need to eat right, exercise, and alleviate stress. 
To stay fit you need to be committed, determined, and willing to make sacrifices to your lifestyle. Three Simple Tips for Financial Fitness
These are great tips to assist in having a healthier self, but what about a healthier financial life
Recently, I started becoming more committed to getting healthy. 
I eliminated soda from my diet and started experimenting with yoga to get fit and relieve stress. 
As I started to see results, I thought to myself, "What if I use these same principles for financial fitness?"
After a little brainstorming and creativity, this is what I came up with:
  • Feed your Bank Account: Eating right is a BIG part of leading a healthier life. To get healthy you need to nourish yourself with foods that are good for your body (veggies, fruits, protein, etc.). The same goes for your bank account. To make your bank account healthy, you need to feed it. Therefore, feed it as much money as you can, when you can. You may even consider bank accounts that offer interest on your funds. If your account balance is $0.00 the week after you were paid, then your account is not healthy. I know it's hard, but the same discipline it takes to eat right is required to save.
  • Exercise your Budget: To me, financial exercise is balancing my budget. Things like paying bills, buying groceries, and buying gas for my car all go into my budget, and making sure my budget is always in order is a workout. Sometimes, I get lazy, which means I have to work extra hard to get back into shape. To keep your budget in order, you may have to sacrifice some entertainment expenses every so often, but just think of it as cutting something unnecessary out of your diet.
  • Alleviate Stress: Stress can lead to a very unhealthy lifestyle, both physically and financially. The best way to alleviate your financial stress is to have a budget, pay your bills, and have some sort of savings account - whether it is at a bank, in a piggy-bank, or under the floorboards. Having enough money to pay your bills and knowing your bills are paid is a tremendous relief.
These tips may seem a bit corny and cliché, but they have really helped me to have a healthier financial life. 
Knowing that I'm saving money and paying bills on time makes me feel great and confident about my finances, which is a wonderful feeling. 
If you stay focused, determined, and committed to bettering your finances, then you should have no problem declaring yourself financially fit.  Best of luck!
What are some ways you try to be financially fit? 


నచ్చితే నలుగురికి చెప్పండి...నచ్చక పొతే వదిలి పడేయండి ....!